Thursday, October 22, 2015

Teaching Philosophy

I wanted to become a teacher because I enjoy working with children and I found I enjoyed learning about education. I've spent a lot of time figuring out what I like about education and learning how to be a teacher. The only thing I can say is that I like learning about how to teach young people and how much I've grown by learning about myself in the process. I've learned how to teach about reading and what the steps are. I really struggled with reading and the way that they were teaching me just didn't cut it. By learning these different strategies and phonics, I've learned the basics of reading all over again and it's fascinating. At this point I don't know if I want to become a classroom teacher. I really struggle with explaining things in a way that's simple and concrete to children. I really need to work on it but I also don't know if I have it in me to be over almost thirty odd students every day. However, I do want to work in education in some small sort. I was thinking maybe I could be a reading aide since I really struggled with reading, it could benefit a young child because I could relate to them in that matter. I don't know what I want to do but I really enjoy my classes and want to keep doing it, I'm just struggling with wanting to be a classroom teacher at this point. We'll see what happens in a year from now when I graduate....
 Here are a few links that can show how blogging can influence the classroom:

Collaboration Cuties:
http://collaborationcuties.blogspot.com/2012/10/fun-with-weather-and-clouds.html

Diary of a Not so Wimpy Teacher:
http://www.notsowimpyteacher.com/search/label/Multiplication

No comments:

Post a Comment