Monday, April 20, 2015

Milk Jug African Mask

I first researched what kind of design I wanted to do for my African mask. I then started with a milk jug. I drew my cutout lines first before I started to cut. I then used masking tape. It was really hard to keep the masking tape to not bunch up around the eyes. I then used brown shoe polish. I got out orange, red, blue, green, and brown arcylic paint. I then painted what I researched about african mask designs onto my mask. Lastly, I used a whole puncher to whole punch holes into the top of the mask to place the raffia in through the holes.
The one thing I know that would be hard for elementary aged students because it was hard for me, is to cut out the mask from the milk jug. It was hard to get smooth lines on the edges so thank goodness for the masking tape or there would have been some blood drawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment