Thursday, April 2, 2015

Water Color Emotions

For this project I used salt, wax, a plastic bag and rice to add effect to my wet water colors. The top left square I used salt to add some effect to it. This square is suppose to represent love and the salt is suppose to add the little sprinkles of love that you develop throughout life and the little holes or lets say white flecks left over from removing the salt represent the holes left from getting hurt by your loved ones. The middle top one is suppose to represent happiness. I didn't use a texture. I just mixed green and blue together to make the effect. It's happiness because I love those colors and just seeing them makes me happy. The top right one I used a drip method onto it to sprinkle excitement onto my square. I love the way it turned out and is my favorite out of all of them. Just looking at it makes me feel excited!
The bottom left one represents sadness. I used rice on this one and water droplets to represent tears. Sadness to me is the shedding of water, which I tried to emulate through my effects. The bottom middle is suppose to represent frustration. When I'm frustrated I start from a simple boiling to anger, which I'm trying to represent from starting from a light orange color and then going to a darkish black color. I did add some wax lines to it and put a plastic bag over the wet colors to get some depth to it. You can't really see the wax but that's suppose to represent the lines towards the anger I'm feeling just like the plastic bag impressions when I get frustrated. The right bottom represents anger. I feel spatters of emotions when angry and the multiple colors are suppose to represent that. I used a dripping/splattering method on this. I dripped water over it after I splattered the colors onto it.
I would say this was one of my more favorite art projects. I didn't have to plan it out a lot and I just had a fun time with it. It was simple but fun to figure out through color what I feel with certain emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment